Characterization, visualization and validation of molecular biomarkers.
Bioneer offers a broad range of services within molecular histology and detection with a special focus on meeting the demands of the biotech, pharma and ingredients industries related to the pre-clinical biomarker associated drug development and state-of-the-art molecular diagnostics tools. Bioneer is a Certified Provider of RNAscope® Assays from Advanced Cell Diagnostics for detection of mRNA and lncRNA and is an Exiqon Center of Excellence in LNA™-based microRNA in situ hybridizations.
Nucleic Acids Detection & in situ Hybridization (ISH)
Bioneer offers services for the specific detection of RNA and DNA molecules in extracts of biological samples or in intact tissue and cellular samples using in situ technologies.
microRNA and antisense oligonucleotides (ASO)
- Locked Nucleic Acids (LNATM) modified synthetic oligonucleotide probes has enabled specific and sensitive detection of the short mature form of miRNA in tissue and cells. Bioneer is an Exiqon/QIAGEN Center of Excellence in LNATM-based in situ hybridization.
- Automated high-performance 2nd generation miRNA and ASO ISH is becoming our standard assay for all client-based studies.
mRNA and lncRNA ISH
- For the detection of messenger RNA (mRNA) and long non-coding RNAs (lncRNA) Bioneer is offering the branched-DNA probe technology as a Certified Provider of RNAscope® Assays for in situ hybridization from Advanced Cell Diagnostics Inc.
The RNAscope® Assays run on the automated Ventana Discovery Ultra staining platform.
- DNA FISH/CISH
- Bioneer performs chromosomal FISH analyses to determine gene amplifications, chromosomal rearrangements and aberrations
- Quantitative image analysis
- The combined use of digital whole slide imaging and image analysis provides opportunities to quantify chromogenic ISH signals from both LNA-based assays and RNAscope-based assays.
- Using the LightCycler® 480 System Bioneer offers qPCR based gene expression analyses in 96- or 384-well plate formats employing either TaqMan (5’-hydrolysis) probe or SYBR-green based assays.
- Purified RNA extracts, cell lysates or even single cells can be used as source of RNA in the analysis.
- Bioneer offers this classical technique e.g. to determine the size of specific transcripts.
Bioneer offers technologies for the specific detection of proteins or peptides using antibody-based detection technologies in extracts of biological samples as well as in situ.
State-of-the-art Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence Assays
- Multiplex immunofluorescence and mRNA/lncRNAs, and/or miRNA ISH combined with immunohistochemistry.
- Quantitative image analysis – quantification of immunohistochemical staining is performed by image analysis on digital whole slides.
Combined Detection of RNA and Proteins
Bioneer can design assays for the combined and simultaneous specific detection of mRNA, ncRNA and protein markers in tissue samples or single cells.
Different types of RNA and different types of proteins, repectively, are detected by consecutive stains of the same histological preparation.
Create new product opportunities
We offer access to essential tools, technology and unique biological resources within cell and molecular biology.