Gain detailed insight in mode of action with advanced in vitro disease models
Bioneer has many years of experience in designing advanced cell models which can mirror cellular or molecular aspects of disease. We are specialized in working with immune models, models derived from induced pluripotent cells and models based on immortalized cell lines.
We support your research development with complex immune cell models simulating different disease conditions, patient derived iPSC models, engineered iPSC lines, as well as immortalized cell models.
We understand the complexity of cell modelling, and we can custom design or tailor models to fit your purpose.
Bioneer develops different types of disease models from patient samples or cell lines. Bioneer has a research core facility for generation of iPSC lines as well as a highly innovative custom gene engineering team.
Bioneer has a vast experience in developing disease models based on patient-specific iPS cell lines and immortalized cell lines. Depending upon the model, we both work with 2D and 3D modelling.
- Differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to different specific cell types.
- Developing cell line-based assays in disease modelling.
- Large collection of neurodegenerative disease models, such as a variety of related knock-in models with disease specific familiar and risk factor mutations (e.g. Alzheimer’s, Frontotemporal dementia).
- Neurodegenerative disease modelling using transcription factor-directed enhanced differentiation.
We are constantly developing our models and would be happy to share the latest updates.
Bioneer has a vast experience in reprogramming of patient-specific primary cell types (fibroblast, Mesenchymal stem cells, PBMC) into iPS cell lines using non-integrative approaches. As pluripotent stem cells can propagate indefinitely, they hold great promise in the field of regenerative medicine and disease modelling.
As part of Industry-Sponsored Research Collaborations, Bioneer offers to establish patient-specific iPSC libraries verified by full QC analysis.
- Highly efficient reprogramming using episomal-based plasmids, which encodes for Yamanaka reprogramming transcription factors.
- Extensive quality control pipeline to ensure high quality iPSC lines.
- Bioneer has extensive experience in differentiating iPSC/ESC lines into mature cell types of the three germ layers to model different disease phenotypes.
Gene editing technology has turned out to be the new breakthrough in disease modelling. Using custom-designed and sequence-specific double DNA strand cutting enzymes, like the CRISPR/CAS9 system or TALENs, gene engineering in human cells has become an elegant tool to generate new disease models.
As part of Industry-Sponsored Research Collaborations, Bioneer offers to establish ESC/iPSC lines modified using gene editing technology and verified by full QC analysis.
- Gene Knock-out; precise removal of small parts of genes to create an out-of-frame deletion leading to a premature stop of protein expression.
- Single base pair mutations; introduction or removal of single bases. Generation of perfect isogenic pairs.
- Sequence specific deletions; specific removal or introduction of repeat structures or domains in endogenous genes.
- Reporter cell lines; insertion of reporters (e.g. GFP, RFP, resistance markers) as transcriptional or translational fusions.
- Controllable exogenous gene expression; insertion of gene-of-interest in expression controllable cassette in safe-site locus, AAVS1
During the last few years, Bioneer has built a large collection of isogenic cell lines to study the phenotype of disease-causing mutations. Many of these lines are stored at and available through the European stem cell bank, EBiSC.
Bioneer provides a broad range of services, support and custom-made assays within immuno modulation, at all levels from basic research and early discovery to clinical sample evaluation. We understand the importance of ensuring quality, safety and efficacy of biopharmaceuticals in development
Bioneer offers advanced immune disease models based on dendritic cell and T cell interactions in Mixed Lymphocyte Reaction (MLR) Assays. Different disease-promoting cocktails have been developed in order to mimic different pathogenic conditions as seen in autoimmunity, allergy or cancer.
By using these models, the predictive, immune modulating in vivo effect of e.g. potential drug candidates, vaccine adjuvants or probiotics can be investigated and evaluated. The models are validated with clinically relevant compounds.
Bioneer offers Immune Suppressor Assays predicting suppressive capacities of different cellular subsets or candidate compounds, which are highly relevant for the development of a range of different biopharmaceuticals.
We also offer isolation and differentiation of different regulatory T-cell subsets.
Bioneer offers immunological safety evaluation of biopharmaceuticals. Our Cytokine Release Assays can provide a better understanding of first-in-man reactions prior to clinical trial entry. The assays are performed by utilizing Luminex Multiplex Technology.
To assure consistency of measures, traditional in vitro assays need translation into standard analytical methods. Bioneer offers reliable and standardized in vitro Potency Assays for analyzing immune modulatory effects of cell-based products e.g. mesenchymal stromal cells.
Bioneer performs a diverse range of Custom-made Immune Assays and applications. We have expertise with both human, murine, rabbit and non-human primate products. We have vast experience in designing highly tailored custom assays with personalized parameters and endpoints.
We offer immune services and support at all levels from basic research and early discovery to clinical sample evaluation.
Create new product opportunities
We offer access to essential tools, technology and unique biological resources within cell and molecular biology.