In our current R&D program, we refine our solutions within both mammalian and microbial protein production.
Mammalian protein expression:
We develop new targeted strategies through genetic engineering to speed up development of stable mammalian cell lines, primary CHO cells and develop our facilities further to be able to scale up our production capacity.
Microbial protein expression:
Fermentation processes are typically either batch or fed-batch. The batch process is easier to operate but also results in lower biomass yield
and longer down time compared to a fed-batch process where nutrients are feed to the bioreactor during the fermentation. The fed-batch regime is typically used for manufacturing of biologics by CMO’s. Being able to optimize fermentation processes will have a huge impact on the ability to produce biologics in high yields for the benefit of our clients. We therefore establish and develop standardised fed-batch fermentation processes that can be used for production of recombinant proteins in E. coli, which later can be transferred to a CMO for cGMP manufacturing with the aim of providing a new biologic for the clinic and the market.
This R&D program will significantly increase our capabilities in the protein production field and will be instrumental for our ambition of being a preferred R&D partner for companies working with biologics.
We have a strong expertise in immune-oncology and can assist companies with a broad range of in vitro models and assays. These includes:
- Immune suppressor assays including T-regs
- Dendritic / T-cell model including immune suppressive DCs, so-called DC10s
- Simulated tumor microenvironment by using Tumor-conditioned Media (TCM)
- Different immortalized cancer cell models
- Different cell co-cultures mimicking cancer micro environments
- Detection of tumor cells in blood
- Checkpoint inhibitor blockade
- Reprogramming and genome editing of immune cells
- Cytokine release assays
- Generation of cancer-specific cell lines
- Advanced biomarker analysis from single cells to complex tissue samples.
Above is a selection of model and assays in the immuno-oncology field that we can perform. Depending on individual project and client needs, we will tailor and adapt the study set-up to fit the specific purpose.
For further information, please contact Department Head Bjørn Holst by phone +45 45160444 or email.