Laboratory technician for protein production by microbial fermentation
Bioneer A/S is looking for a laboratory technician with experience in microbial fermentation using laboratory scale bioreactors in the Department for Recombinant Proteins.
Bioneer A/S is a research-based service company owned by the Technical University of Denmark. Bioneer A/S carries out research and development tasks for the Life Science industry and acts as an extended R&D team for a wide range of companies in both Denmark and globally.
Bioneer’s Department for Recombinant Proteins is a growing department located at Bioneers’ headquarter in Hørsholm and handles non-GMP manufacturing of recombinant proteins for both Danish and international companies using state of the art upstream and downstream technologies and processes. The department is closely linked to the CDMO department (Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization), where recombinant proteins are manufactured under cGMP.
As a laboratory technician in the Department for Recombinant Proteins, you will collaborate closely with other laboratory technicians and scientists within the department to ensure efficient execution of a variety of exciting projects utilizing microbial cells for protein expression. You will be responsible for executing experiments planned in collaboration with skilled scientists and technicians, data handling and documentation of the experiments.
Together with colleagues you will be involved in planning, executing and documenting non-GMP laboratory experiments including;
- Setup and operation of state-of-the-art bioreactors in 2-15 L scale
- Harvest of microbial cultures by centrifugation and filtration. Cell disruption by high pressure homogenization
- Preparation of media and buffers
- Analysis of protein expression using techniques such as SDS-PAGE, western blot analysis and enzyme assays
- You have a background as laboratory technician or equivalent
- You have experience with microbial fermentation processes, and recovery processes such as filtration and cell disruption
- Experience with E. coli is an advantage
- You have a quality attitude, you are structured and know the importance of carefully documenting your experimental work
- You can communicate in Danish and English
- Experience with data analysis using various software solutions and use of IT associated with laboratory equipment
- Finally, it is important that you thrive juggling between multiple tasks, that you are a team player and thrive in collaboration with others
A challenging position with high professionalism and a workday with exciting and varying tasks. You will be part of the Department for Recombinant Proteins with 12 committed and highly skilled colleagues, where there is room to make a difference and to unfold your potential. We support flexibility in how you organize your working day and we focus on helping each other whenever needed. The workplace will be at Bioneer’s Headquarter, Kogle Allé 2, 2970 Hørsholm.
For further information, please contact Head of Department Søren Madsen (email@example.com, +45 16 04 44).
Send your application and CV (as PDF) no later than February 9th, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking at the applications on an ongoing basis, so don’t hesitate in sending in your application.
We’re looking forward to hear from you.
Label the application “Laboratory technician, microbial fermentation”.