Scientist, CNS and Microglia Specialist
Bioneer is a Danish specialty-CRO that excels in delivering customized solutions to the pharma and biotech industries, operating as a strategic R&D partner in drug discovery and development.
We are expanding in our CNS group and are looking for a highly skilled and motivated scientist, with experience within CNS disorders and inflammation, to assist in setting up and developing cell-based assays to facilitate drug discovery.
The position is placed in the department “Cellular Engineering & Disease Models”. The department develops cell-based disease models for CNS, cancer and immunology. In the CNS area, Bioneer is working with cell lines and induced pluripotent stem cells, combined with CRISPR/Cas9 engineering, to generate relevant disease models.
The ideal candidate will work as a member of the CNS Assay R&D team and will have the following key responsibilities:
- Establish cell-based models relevant for neurodegenerative diseases
- As part of the CNS R&D program, establish and conduct research plans to develop key assays addressing microglial and inflammation pathology in selected CNS diseases
- Design and conduct in vitro experiments and analyse results in collaboration with team members
- Write reports, manuscripts and generate data packages supporting the CNS R&D program
- Prepare reports for both customer and internal assignments
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal and external use
- PhD in neuroscience or related field
- Expertise in setting up cell models and assays for neurodegenerative diseases
- Experience in developing assays and methods to study inflammation within the CNS disease area
- Expertise differentiating iPSC’s to microglia or other neuronal cells
- Demonstrated application of quality control assays to quantify successful differentiated cell populations
- Excellent technical skills, with strong understanding of a variety of technologies applied to neuroscienceresearch
- Successful track record proven by peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- The opportunity to work with dedicated and highly skilled colleagues in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities with a history of nearly 40 years of operation. A great opportunity to shape and influence the development and growth of our research and development within the CNS area. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, and social activities. Bioneer also offer a lunch program and six weeks holiday during the year.
Bioneer A/S is a contract research organization (CRO) operating as a strategic research partner to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and collaborators engaged in discovery and early development. We offer clients access to highly skilled scientists and advanced technologies. We excel in delivering customized research service solutions for advanced disease modelling, protein manufacturing and early drug development globally while we continuously aim to improve our research solutions at the interface between biology and other sciences. www.bioneer.dk. Bioneer is fully owned by The Technical University of Denmark
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Head of Dept. Bjørn Holst, on phone +4528834220, or e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org or R&D Manager Kenneth Thirstrup, on phone +4520712264, or e-mail. email@example.com
The application marked ”Scientist, CNS and Microglia specialist” in the subject field is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the application is Sept. 30th. Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.
The company’s address is: Bioneer A / S, Kogle Allé 2, 2970 Hørsholm.