Bioneer A/S • Hørsholm, Capital Region, Denmark
About the job
Bioneer is looking for a dedicated business developer who masters the scientific sell, the ability to effectively convert prospects to customers and who enjoys breaking new commercial ground in an engaged, respectful and team-oriented work environment.
You will be joining a growing organization that excels in delivering customized research service solutions primarily to the pharmaceutical industry within early drug discovery and development. You will, as part of an experienced commercial team, be working closely with colleagues in Business Development and Marketing as well as cross-functionally with highly skilled R&D colleagues.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will be responsible for managing all commercial activities related to Bioneer’s small molecule and peptide business area. Importantly, you will be responsible for managing several existing long-term strategic customer partnerships and forging new ones across Bioneer business areas. Customized research services typically include physicochemical characterization and formulation of drug molecules, and performance testing of drugs in different in vitro models. Client projects often combine the capabilities and strengths of the Bioneer groups at University of Copenhagen and in Hørsholm.
This is a full-time position offering the flexibility of working remotely. Two-three days per week at Bioneer should be expected split evenly between the Copenhagen and Hørsholm locations as travel permits.
- Grow sales and drive BD for the Small Molecule/Peptide business area to achieve company goals
- Contribute to, implement, and report on Sales/Marketing plan for the business area
- Identify, qualify and prospect new leads
- Serve as key point person and Sales/BD manager for selected strategic partners across Bioneer business areas
- Network and engage with existing customers, new prospects and industry networks
- Generate proposals in close collaboration with R&D project leaders
- Negotiate and close contract research service contracts
- Relevant education in pharmaceutical sciences or related areas with a good understanding of pharmaceutical drug development processes from the industry
- B2B Sales and/or Business Development work experience from the life science industry – ideally accustomed to working with strategic partners
- Proven track record in converting leads to negotiated deals and in growing sales
- Accustomed to working independently and in cross-functional teams – and to solicit input from key stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills writing, speaking and presenting in English required
- Strong networking and customer engagement skills
- Position requires both domestic and international travel (approx. 25%)
Bioneer is a specialty-CRO operating as a strategic research partner to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and collaborators engaged in discovery and early development of biologics and small molecule therapeutics. We offer clients access to highly skilled scientists and advanced technologies. We excel in delivering customized research service solutions for advanced disease modelling, protein manufacturing and early drug development globally, while we continuously aim to improve our research solutions at the interface between biology and other sciences.
For more information please contact Jette Asboe Lassen, Chief Business Officer, on +45 3091 5569.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it ‘BD Manager Small Molecules/Peptides’. We will review applications as they come in.